HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome
Based on Monty Oum's series RWBY, delve into the alternate world created and onto the land of Vytal - go on missions, and make new friends. Good, bad - Hunter, rebel - In a world of Grimm, where are you aligned?

RWBY Roleplay is a community that welcomes all RWBY fans to join and discuss about RWBY or discuss other anime/mangas you are interested in. We accept roleplayers of all levels.

RWBY News #33
Dust Chemistry Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 2:45 am by Echo Valorient
Hello everyone!

It has been a while. I was hoping that I could make the site start up again by it's 1st birthday, but that didn't work out.  Sorry for that.

We're moving! Instead of revamping the whole site, we are moving to a new one, this time on proboards. (I apologize in advance if you are trying to read a thread you participated in but found that it has been deleted) The new site is still under development. So, if you are interested and want to get more information on the site like the progress on that, just send a pm to me.

If you are looking for a thread or any threads had been deleted, just send me a pm as well.

Comments: 0
Staff

Dust Chemistry

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hazama Terumi

Hazama Terumi

Semblance : Shadow Illusions
Lien : 8414

Character sheet
Aura:
Dust Chemistry Left_bar_bleue100/100Dust Chemistry Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Semblance:
Dust Chemistry Left_bar_bleue50/50Dust Chemistry Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Dust Chemistry Empty
PostSubject: Dust Chemistry   Dust Chemistry Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 7:16 pm

Hey would it be possible for us to combine dust? Like mix ice and electricity and stuff like that?
Back to top Go down
Ardere Kasai

Ardere Kasai

Semblance : Fire Arts
Aura : Defensive
Lien : 8511

Character sheet
Aura:
Semblance:

Dust Chemistry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust Chemistry   Dust Chemistry Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 7:19 pm

You'd have to buy the upgrade, but yes. I allow weapons to utilize two dusts, separately or at once. It's just a more costly upgrade than and upgrade with no dust. Though with your current lien amount you could afford it lol
Back to top Go down
Hazama Terumi

Hazama Terumi

Character sheet
Aura:
Semblance:

Dust Chemistry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust Chemistry   Dust Chemistry Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 11:05 pm

I asked more out of a reason for my next post, but that doesn't sound too bad

But now the question is, since my weapon doesn't use dust at all, what is the cost for the upgrade to use two?
Back to top Go down
Ardere Kasai

Ardere Kasai

Character sheet
Aura:
Semblance:

Dust Chemistry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust Chemistry   Dust Chemistry Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 11:16 pm

Your weapon uses poison, and it'd be a bit over the top if you had poison and two elements. But I would allow you to buy poisonous dust at a discounted price. So if you add two types of dust and with the discount probably 500-600 lien. It would've been 800(2 moves per dust at 200 a piece). That sound reasonable?
Back to top Go down
Hazama Terumi

Hazama Terumi

Character sheet
Aura:
Semblance:

Dust Chemistry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust Chemistry   Dust Chemistry Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 11:19 pm

Sounds reasonable, but I do want your opinion on another question. I have been considering re-working Hazama's character for a little while now. Mainly just his semblance and his weapon. I am not sure how to balance out illusion techniques that are effective as well as fair for the person on the receiving end. You think I should just stick with this concept or try to come up with something else.
Back to top Go down
Ardere Kasai

Ardere Kasai

Character sheet
Aura:
Semblance:

Dust Chemistry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust Chemistry   Dust Chemistry Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 11:55 pm

Illusions are hard to do, and I know that, so if you really like it then stick with it and just try to not be too op. But if you're stuck and dont know what to do, then switch to something that makes you feel more comfortable. I havent really seen you use your semblance, so switching wont be a big deal if you choose to do that.
Back to top Go down
Hazama Terumi

Hazama Terumi

Character sheet
Aura:
Semblance:

Dust Chemistry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust Chemistry   Dust Chemistry Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 12:33 am

The biggest question to me is can illusions cause damage? there are just too many diffent ways its done.
Back to top Go down
Ardere Kasai

Ardere Kasai

Character sheet
Aura:
Semblance:

Dust Chemistry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust Chemistry   Dust Chemistry Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:46 am

Generally no. I dont want to get into the "real illusions" territory. It is a thing, but I dont think rwby will go that far, so I'd say it's more for confusion. Which can be useful in battle, especially with poison.
Back to top Go down
Hazama Terumi

Hazama Terumi

Character sheet
Aura:
Semblance:

Dust Chemistry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust Chemistry   Dust Chemistry Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 9:20 pm

I will go with that unless RWBY tells us differently. I will make the edits and see about those upgrades. But with poison being its own separate dust would that mean that if I would want a poison with a different effect I would need that dust and an element dust or something? It just seems we are trying to combine two things that may be best left separate.

Edit: I watched the fight scene in the newest episode and Sun seems to have an illusion technique. It seemed to be able to hit and affect the mechsuit.
Back to top Go down
Ardere Kasai

Ardere Kasai

Character sheet
Aura:
Semblance:

Dust Chemistry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust Chemistry   Dust Chemistry Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 10:09 pm

Notice the clones were made of light, the Sun is a source of light. Not a coincidence lol

Also just use poison dust for all poisonous effects, but if you combine the two, it would basically combine the effects. Say lightning and poison, it would do poisonous damage and shock you.

My suggestion would to be make one attack of each dust, then two attacks that are combined dust attacks. That would equal the four dust attacks you'd get.
Back to top Go down
Hazama Terumi

Hazama Terumi

Character sheet
Aura:
Semblance:

Dust Chemistry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust Chemistry   Dust Chemistry Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 10:12 pm

What if I want a poison that causes paralysis and then another with another effect? Different poisons have different effects.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dust Chemistry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust Chemistry   Dust Chemistry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dust Chemistry
Page 1 of 1